Monday, November 21, 2011

Turn up the Heat

Its starting to get hotter here….and lately all I’ve been doing was sitting and complaining about how hot it actually is! I’m grateful however for electricity to power the fans, and for ice cold bucket baths. Yesterday I took a bath and was feeling so nice, THEN after hmmm…..5 minutes, I felt sweaty and gross again! It only gets hotter as time goes on. I remember Dec – Mar last year were extremely hot…..but ya know, I’m getting used to it.

One thing I still am NOT used to however, are those big spiders that look like little aliens. They’re orange. They’re fast, and they’re BIG. I called the neighbor boy who lives next door to come over and kill one yesterday. He laughed and said, “Oh Nana, nao fica medo.” (Nana, don’t be scared). I told him to stop laughing and kill the thing before it crawled in my bed. So he very casually found the thing in the corner of my room, PICKED it up, threw it back on the floor and squashed it. GROSS. I would’ve preferred he take it outside then kill it bc now my floor has spider juice everywhere, but its fine. Thank God for lemon scented bleach.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm Guess the Spiders have come to stay or let me say you are in their space ;)....just try find out what keeps them away,some sorta repelant maybe..

    ReplyDelete